CellarPro Air Handler AH8500SCv-ECC Vertical #36022
- Capacity: 7156 BTUH @ 55F
- Size: 18 3/5w x 18 3/5d x 37 9/10h (in) 10-inch ducting
- Weight: 220 lb
- 170 lbs (no humidifier)
- 18.6w x 18.6d x 37.9h
- One cord for the compressor, which pulls 11.4 amps and requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker
- One cord for the rest of the components, which pull 4.4 amps and require a dedicated 15 amp circuit breaker
Startup Amps: 54.5 Amps
- Running Amps Cord-Connected: 15.7 Amps
- Total Watts: 1268 (medium fan speed)
- 1 Ton Nominal
- Low Fan Speed: 6245 / Ducted: 47 dBA
- Med Fan Speed: 6649 / Ducted: 51 dBA
- High Fan Speed: 7156 / Ducted: 59 dBA
- Low Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 45 dBA / 58 dBA
- Med Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 52 dBA / 65 dBA
- High Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 57 dBA / 70 dBA
7156 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F. CellarPro's AH8500SCv-ECC ducted cooling units (1 Ton Nominal) are engineered for wine cellars up to 2,500* cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars. When ducted, this unit uses 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side, and 10-inch ducting on the hot side.
This unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F. AH8500SCv units use energy-efficient EC fans and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
When the condensing unit will be exposed to or pulling air that is below 40F, our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) is a required addition to protect the compressor. For installation of the condensing unit in environments below 20F down to -20F, our Fan Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) is required in addition to the Compressor Heater, and Electronic Configuration is required.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
CellarPro AH8500SCv-ECC Cooling Unit (P/N 36022). CellarPro engineered the AH8500SCv-ECC ducted cooling system to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 2,500 cubic feet. The evaporator and the condensing unit each can be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 equivalent feet per duct.) Designed for internal installations, the AH8500SCv-ECC includes a quieter, energy-efficient EC fan on the hot side with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power. This unit has a vertical configuration for installations in locations with limited floor space (eg on the floor in a mechanical room).
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
- Now with a quieter, energy-efficient EC Fans on the hot side save $150.39 in annual energy costs vs dual AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- CellarPro Air Handlers are engineered to be ducted with 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side (evaporator) and/or 10-inch ducting on the hot side (condensing unit), allowing the equipment can be located out-of-sight where it won't be heard.
- High-output fans provide more airflow and variable speed settings for your choice of cooling power.
- Optional integrated humidifier provides the ultimate control of moisture levels inside your cellar.
- Optional integrated heater provides heat for wine cellars that are exposed to temperatures below 55F.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through an extra-large 1/2" drain line, amply sized to reduce blockages.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Remote probe for the cellar (bottle probe) and duct adapters are included as standard equipment
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve ensures maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Cooling system is fully-charged with refrigerant and ready-to-use out of the box.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 7528) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- CellarPro AH8500SCv-ECC units are fully-charged and ready to use out of the box. These cooling units are designed to be ducted up to 100 Equivalent Feet (50 Feet per Duct) with 10-inch ducting
- CellarPro's vertical configuration allows multiple ducting alternatives, as follows.
- Collars or grills for EXHAUST (ie Supply) are located at the front (shown at left), right, rear or top (EVAPORATOR ONLY) of the cooling system, and are interchangeable to meet your specific requirement.
- Collars or grills for INTAKE (ie Return) are located on the left for both the evaporator and condenser, and include professional-grade air filters to protect the unit.
- We recommend pulling the fresh air intake (hot-side) from a temperature-controlled environment other than the cellar. If the hot-side exhaust will be directed to a different space than the intake, always make sure that both spaces are sufficiently voluminous so that you don't run into issues with negative pressure.
- A bottle probe temperature sensor (10' cord) plus your choice of duct collars, indoor grills and blank plates are included in the price of the cooling system.
- CellarPro Air Handlers use two 110V / 60Hz plug-in power cords, as follows:
- One cord for the compressor, which pulls 11.4 amps and requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker
- One cord for the rest of the components, which pull 3.2 amps and require a dedicated 15 amp circuit breaker
- The data above is not valid when the integrated heater and/or humidifier are configured with the cooling unit
- When the control panel is difficult to access, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- When not ducted, the hot side of the cooling unit (condenser) requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
- For installations in environments below 40F, AH8500SCh units require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727)
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) is required in addition to the compressor heater (both sold separately).
- The cold side of the cooling unit (evaporator) should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
Options & Upgrades:
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when configured with Electronic Control and combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Thermostats, Displays & Probes
- Networkable Thermostats #27346 and #27310: connect your cooling unit to a networkable, wi-fi enabled thermostat (sold separately). Must be ordered at the same time that the equipment is ordered. Other limitations apply - read the networkable thermostat description for more information. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring. Additional wiring is available at a cost of $0.50 per additional foot.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar - included.
- Bottle probe extension cords are available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Heating & Humidification
- Integrated Heater 900W #7237: adds 900 watts of heat through the cooling system when the cellar is in an unheated environment and will be exposed to temperatures below desired wine storage temperatures.
- Integrated Humidifier #7236: provides humidification with digital control inside the cellar when attached to an external water line.
Click the following links for more information:
People are talking
Fit our space perfectly. Packed extremely well when shipped. The workmanship is excellent and solid construction.
Found the perfect small and elegant wine rack from Vineyard Wine Cellars. Smart design with an easy install and reasonably priced. Great service too.
I cannot say enough good things about this company. The quality of work and the professionalism of their team and the contractors they hire are incredible.
Thank you for making my dream wine cellar real!! I'm so happy with the final product. I appreciate your time & efforts.
Based on my interaction with Vineyard Wine Cellars, this is a very high-quality organization, and I am an extremely happy customer.
We searched high and low for the perfect, modern wine cellar look and we sure got it with Vineyard Wine Cellars
Transform a room into a destination
Make your home or business the place to be for a spectacular wine experience, beckoning people to linger and enjoy.
Professional & straightforward guidance
Get professional guidance from a responsive partner to ensure your space is done right. Our hands-on approach ensures your wine space is done right—with the highest levels of craftsmanship.