- Capacity: 3938 BTUH @ 55F
- Size: 16 3/5w x 12 3/5d x 22 1/10h (in)
- Weight: 123 lb
- Power/Rating: 115V AC / 60 Hz
Condensing Unit Dimensions
- 45 lbs
- 13.5w x 18.4d x 10.3h
- 48 lbs
- 16.6w x 12.6d x 22.1h
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Startup: 40.0 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 8.9 Amps (high fan speed)
- Low Fan Speed: 3282 / 51 dbA
- Med Fan Speed: 3617 / 55 dbA
- High Fan Speed: 3938 / 63 dbA
- 1/2 Ton Nominal
- Indoor: 64
- Outdoor: 62
3938 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F. CellarPro's 4000S-EC cooling units (2/5 Ton Nominal) are engineered for wine cellars up to 1,000* cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 4000S-EC units use energy-efficient EC fans in the evaporator and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
CellarPro 4000S-EC Cooling Unit (P/N 1763). NOW WITH ENERGY-EFFICIENT EC FANS! CellarPro engineered the 4000S-EC cooling system to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 1,000 cubic feet. Split refrigeration systems separate the evaporator from the condensing unit, allowing the noise and heat from the condensing unit to be located away from interior living areas. Configurable for internal or external installations, the 4000S-EC includes a variable-speed fan on the evaporator with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on the cold side, save $90.37 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit is designed to separate the heat and noise from the condensing unit from interior living spaces, and can be configured to operate indoors or outdoors in extreme temperature conditions ranging from -20 to 110F.
- Our Evaporators are built with high-output centrifugal fans which include variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or quieter operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through a 1/2" drain line that exits from a choice of knockouts in the evaporator.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Adjustable mounting brackets are included as standard equipment, and multiple knockouts and access points ensure easy installation.
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve and Liquid Line Solenoid Valve (optional) ensure maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Sight Glass and Liquid Line Filter/Drier are included for easy installation and maintenance.
- Oversized Receiver allows for long line sets up to 100 equivalent feet and up to 30 vertical feet.
- Auto-reset high-pressure switch protects the system by interrupting power to the compressor when system pressure is too high.
- Evaporator and Condensing Unit are factory-pressurized and shipped with dry nitrogen to ensure leak-free installation.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 7528) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- CellarPro 4000S-EC units are designed to be installed with the evaporator inside the cellar, and the condensing unit in a remote location.
- Our Split refrigeration systems offer a choice of wiring:
- The Condensing unit can be electronically controlled by and wired to the Evaporator (single power source on the Evaporator side). This configuration allows the Condensing unit to be used in temperatures down to 20F with the addition of our compressor heater, or down to -20F with the addition of our fan cycling switch AND compressor heater. This configuration requires a 15-amp dedicated circuit breaker for 3000S and 4000S-EC systems, and a 25-amp dedicated circuit breaker for 6000S and 8000S systems.
- The Condensing unit can be controlled by a Solenoid valve (dual power source, one each to the Evaporator and Condensing units.) This configuration allows the Condensing unit to be used in temperatures down to 20F with the addition of our compressor heater. This configuration requires the evaporator to be wired to a 15-amp circuit breaker, and the condensing unit to be wired to a dedicated 15-amp circuit breaker for 3000S and 4000S-EC systems, a dedicated 20-amp circuit breaker for 6000S systems, and a dedicated 25-amp circuit breaker for 8000S systems
- 4000S-EC evaporators can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages. Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar and requires 8-inch (or greater) ducting from start to finish.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 8 feet.
- When the control panel is difficult to access, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- The condensing unit requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
- For outdoor installations, we offer an outdoor hood to protect the condensing unit from weather. All outdoor hoods include a compressor heater.
- The evaporator should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- Access to the left and right side of the evaporator unit is required for installation.
- All split systems must be installed and charged on site by a qualified HVAC professional. Line-set equivalent feet must be calculated in accordance with ASHRAE guidelines; refer to our Line Sizing Chart for more information.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Options & Upgrades
Compressor Heater #35605: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Hoods (Cold Side) (#7408 for low-humidity environments or #7427 for high-humidity environments) and Kits (#1476 for low-humidity environments or #7426 for high-humidity environments): permits the evaporator to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar.
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods and also include 2 x 25-feet of 8-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
- Outdoor Hood #2011: allows you to install the condensing unit outdoors; all outdoor hoods include a Compressor Heater #1727.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Thermostats, Displays & Probes
- Networkable Thermostats #27346 and #27310: connect your cooling unit to a networkable, wi-fi enabled thermostat (sold separately). Must be ordered at the same time that the equipment is ordered. Other limitations apply - read the networkable thermostat description for more information. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the evaporator, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Click the following links for more information
Evaporator Cut Sheet
Condensing Unit Cut Sheet
Evaporator Mounting Instructions
Wiring Diagram - Dual Power/ Valve Control
Wiring Diagram - Single Power / Electronic Control
Refrigerant Piping Diagram
Refrigerant Piping Handbook
- Front Ducted Evaporator Cut Sheet