CellarPro 4200VSi-ECX Cooling Unit #1079
- Capacity: 3938 BTUH @ 55F
- Size: 14 1/10w x 25 1/10d x 19 3/5h (in)
- Weight: 155 lb
- Power/Rating: 115V AC / 60 Hz
- Compressor Amps:
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Startup: 42.0 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 10.5 Amps (high fan speed)
- Total Watts: 578 (med fan speed)
- BTUH @ 55F / Decibels:
Low Fan Speed: 3282 / 54 dBA
Medium Fan Speed: 3617 / 59 dBA
High Fan Speed: 3938 / 67 dBA
- 1/2 Ton Nominal
- Low Fan Speed: 3282 / 54 dBA
3938 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F. CellarPro's 4200VSi-ECX cooling units (2/5 Ton Nominal) are engineered for wine cellars up to 1,000* cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F, and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Now with energy-efficient EC fans for better performance! Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts and product comparisons among different brands.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
CellarPro 4200VSi-ECX Cooling Unit (P/N 1079). NOW WITH ENERGY-EFFICIENT EC FANS! CellarPro engineered the 4200VSi-ECX cooling unit to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 1,000 cubic feet. Designed for internal installations, 4200VSi-ECX units are built with high-output Danfoss compressors and oversized coils for maximum performance in high-temperature environments up to 110F. These units also feature variable-speed fans with a low setting for super-quiet operation when conditions permit.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on both the cold and hot sides, save $191.58 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit can be configured to operate in extreme temperature conditions (-20 to 110F). If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for airflow, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit.
- Dual high-output centrifugal fans come with variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or super-quiet operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed with a high-capacity stainless steel drain pan, welded 1/2" drain line and 200W electric heating element with "On/Off" Control.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- With dual power sources and a 10-foot power cord, the unit can be plugged into a receptacle from either the front or the rear of the cooling unit, providing flexibility for most installations.
- Our easy-access disposable air filter protects the condenser coils and increases the expected useful life of the cooling unit.
- Adjustable mounting brackets, included as standard equipment, ensure easy installation.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 1836) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- CellarPro 4200VSi-ECX units are self-enclosed, fully-charged units designed to be installed through-the-wall and sized to fit in between standard wall studs.
- 4200VSi-ECX units also can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages. Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar and requires 8-inch (or greater) ducting from start to finish.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 8 feet.
- For remote or inaccessible installations, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- 4200VSi-ECX units require fresh air intake at the rear of the cooling unit. If sufficient space does not exist to provide sufficient airflow to the rear of the cooling unit, you may need our rear duct kit.
- 4200VS Series cooling units can be installed completely inside the wine cellar when used with our rear duct kit, which allows you to duct the supply and return airflows from the rear of the cooling unit up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct).
- For installation in environments below 40F, 4200VSi-ECX units require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727)
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- The front of the cooling unit should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
Options & Upgrades
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop below 40F down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Hoods (Cold Side) (#7408 for low-humidity environments or #7427 for high-humidity environments) and Kits (#1476 for low-humidity environments or #7426 for high-humidity environments): permits the cooling unit to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar using 8" diameter ducting.
- Duct Hood (Hot Side) #7407 and Kit #1113: allows you to install the unit completely inside your cellar or in a small space with limited airflow, up to 100 equivalent feet (50 feet per duct) using 8" diameter ducting.
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 25-feet of 8-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Extended Mounting Bracket
- For retrofit installations where the wall opening is too big for our cooling unit, use our Extended Mounting Bracket on one or both sides to plug the opening.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Networkable Thermostats #27346 and #27310: connect your cooling unit to a networkable, wi-fi enabled thermostat (sold separately). Must be ordered at the same time that the equipment is ordered. Other limitations apply - read the networkable thermostat description for more information. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Click the following links for more information
- Spec Sheet
- Cut Sheet
- Cold Side Ducting - Cut Sheet
- Cold and Hot Side - As Ducted
- Installation Diagrams
- Framing Diagram
- Owner's Manual
- Product Brochure
People are talking
Fit our space perfectly. Packed extremely well when shipped. The workmanship is excellent and solid construction.
Found the perfect small and elegant wine rack from Vineyard Wine Cellars. Smart design with an easy install and reasonably priced. Great service too.
I cannot say enough good things about this company. The quality of work and the professionalism of their team and the contractors they hire are incredible.
Thank you for making my dream wine cellar real!! I'm so happy with the final product. I appreciate your time & efforts.
Based on my interaction with Vineyard Wine Cellars, this is a very high-quality organization, and I am an extremely happy customer.
We searched high and low for the perfect, modern wine cellar look and we sure got it with Vineyard Wine Cellars
Transform a room into a destination
Make your home or business the place to be for a spectacular wine experience, beckoning people to linger and enjoy.
Professional & straightforward guidance
Get professional guidance from a responsive partner to ensure your space is done right. Our hands-on approach ensures your wine space is done right—with the highest levels of craftsmanship.